I am happy to report that after a good bit of running to and fro over the last couple of days, we have finally received all the paperwork, passports and visas that will allow us to leave Ukraine for America. We are scheduled to fly out of Kiev, Ukraine at 6:45 a.m. on Wednesday, September 29 and arrive in Birmingham, Alabama at 6:10 p.m. on that same day. PRAISE THE LORD!!!!
As I leave Ukraine, Angelia and I wanted to share the following words of Scripture that changed our lives and our eternity, that revealed adoption was part of God's plan for our family, that prepared us for the task at hand, and that sustained us during this difficult trip away from home, family and friends:
- "That if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved." - Romans 10-9-10
- He has showed you, O man, what is good. And what does the LORD require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God." - Micah 6:8
- Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven." - Matthew 5:15-16
- Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. Test me in this," says the LORD Almighty, "and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that you will not have room enough for it." - Malachi 3:10
- "Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world."
- "Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see." Hebrews 11:1
- "Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light for my path." - Psalm 119:105
- "Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go." - Joshua 1:9
- Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours." - Mark 11:24
- "being strengthened with all power according to his glorious might so that you may have great endurance and patience" - Colossians 1:11
- "Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight." - Proverbs 3:5-6
We need God more than ever because now, the hard part begins. Being parents is the most important task that we have. Raising our children in a Godly home that is set in a world that wishes to devour them is going to be very difficult. But we have faith that God has provided us with His instruction manual and as long as we stick to the instructions, we trust the result.
We humbly give thanks again to each and every one of you who have followed our blog and extended your love, prayers, support and encouragment to us during this trip. We also take a moment to reconginze and pray for all those families who are here in Ukraine going through the same difficult adoption process.
Goodnight (for the last time) from Kiev, Ukraine!